MCT oil is a supplement often added to smoothies, bulletproof coffee and salad dressings, but for our interest in CBD products as the carrier
Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil contains medium-length chains of fats called triglycerides. Due to their shorter length, MCTs are easily digested and many health benefits are linked to the way your body processes these fats.
MCT oil is most commonly extracted from coconut oil, as more than 50% of the fat in coconut oil comes from MCTs. These fats are also found in many other foods, such as palm oil and dairy product
- Promotes Weight Loss in Several Important Ways:
- MCT oil may support weight loss by increasing fullness, fat loss, energy burning, ketone production and by improving your gut environment.
- Instant Source of Energy That Can Also Be Used to Fuel Your Brain:
- MCT oil is easily absorbed and transported throughout the body. It can be used as an instant source of energy or can be converted into ketones to fuel your brain.
- May Reduce Lactate Buildup in Athletes and Help Use Fat for Energy:
- MCT oil can increase fat burning and reduce the need for carbs during exercise. However, it is unclear whether this translates to improved exercise performance.
- Contains Powerful Fatty Acids That Fight Yeast and Bacterial Growth:
- MCT oil contains fatty acids that have been shown to reduce the growth of yeast and bacteria. Overall, MCTs may have a variety of antimicrobial and antifungal effects